Turkish Shepherd’s Salad (Coban Salata)2019-07-08
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This is a light, easy to make, and incredibly refreshing salad, one of the most popular in Turkey. This is also vegan salad. Çoban actually means shepherd, so this is considered a Shepherd’s Salad.
- 3 juicy tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers peeled and finely chopped
- 4-5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley. Chopped
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Place all the fresh ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
Add the olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and mix well.
Allow plenty of bread to soak up all those delicious juices that accumulate! Enjoy!