Turkish Gavurdagi Salad2019-06-08
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Turkish Salad with Pomegranate Sauce or Gavurdağı Salatası is named after a mountain in Eastern Turkey. Gavurdagi salad is an important part of the meze spread at kebab restaurants in Turkey. It’s so easy, delicious and vegetarian salad for you.
- 3 Medium Tomatoes , discard the seeds, chopped
- 2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finally chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finally chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sumac
- Garnish: ¼ cup walnut, crushed
Toss all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl which is already chopped.
Mix the pomegranate molasses, sumak, salt, olive oil and lemon juice.
Place in a jam jar and shake to blend.
Add this dressing to the tomato mixture in the bowl and mixed gently.
Sprinkle the wallnuts all over. This salad rest minimum 10 minutes for all the tastes to combine.