Kidney Bean Salad (Piyaz)2019-06-06
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Turkish
- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Kidney Bean Salad(Piyaz) a traditional salad, especially popular alongside Turkish meatballs, Kofte, as well as Lahmacun. There are even special restaurants serving only meatballs and bean salad.
- 1 can white kidney beans (app 500ml)
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced lengthwise (half moon cut)
- 1 large tomato diced or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and red pepper
- Garnish:½ cup parsley, finely chopped
Wash and drain the kidney beans.
For sauce, mix olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Combine beans and onions. Miw gently with a spoon.
Place on a service plate. Pour the sauce over the mixture.
Garnish with parsley. You can serve his salad with köfte. Enjoy it!