- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner, Child Friendly, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Cacik is a traditional turkish appetizer.
In many restaurants with kebab or special Aspava restaurants you can see that cacik is served with main dish.
You can easily make cacik at your own house with easy to find ingredients.
- 1 clove of garlic, minced with salt
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced very small
- 2 cups plain yoğurt
- 1 cup water
- For Garnish: Extra virgin olive oil (optional) Mint, chopped
Place yogurt in a large bowl.
Add all other ingredients, except salt and water, and mix thoroughly.
Add water until required consistency is achieved.
If you like it thick, skip adding the water.
Stir in some salt, taste and add more if required.
Before serving you can add mint and olive oil on top.
Cacik goes very well as a side dish with White beans and rice.